Today Jacinda Arden announced that when we move to Alert Level 3 we will see many of the significant restrictions on New Zealanders’ movements retained. However Level 3 will also permit aspects of the economy to reopen in a safe way that will allow the economic recovery to begin.
For many Greenlion clients that are not able to work from home, Alert Level 3 may enable them to reopen or reconfigure in a safe and controlled manner.
Changes at Level 3 include:
- Minor extensions to bubbles.
- People must still work from home if they can. Where that is not possible businesses may re-open but must comply with strict health and safety requirements around physical distancing and contactless engagement with customers.
- Businesses only accessed by the staff, and without a customer facing function, such as building and construction or forestry can open under strict health and safety and physical distancing rules.
- Businesses that are accessed by the public or customers such as retail, hardware stores and hospitality can open but only for online or phone purchases and contactless delivery or click and collect.
- Partial reopening of education, early childhood centres and schools will be available up to Year 10 only, but attendance is purely voluntary. For children who are able, distance learning is still the best option. Tertiary education will mostly be through distance learning.
- Travel restrictions remain but move from local to regional
- Funerals and weddings will be able to go ahead, but limited to 10 people. These must be service only. No meals, food or receptions can take place.
Further details will continue to be made available over the coming days,
We recommend that you plan now for what level 3 will mean for your business. Can you reopen? Can you make changes or reconfigure your business so you can operate? Can you change how you deliver your product or services? Do you have suitable contact tracing systems within your business?
We are seeing innovation and new ideas as our clients prepare for Alert Level 3. Please call us if you wish to talk through what this may look like for your business.
Stay happy, healthy and safe out there.